Saturday, September 12, 2020

Benko ideas

 Here's a blitz game where I sacrificed a pawn in the Benko, then the exchange and finished with 2 small tactics to achieve a win with Black pieces.



After 4..a6 Benko Gambit


After 12..Ne8 going to c7, activating Bg7


Here Black to play , 21..Qb5 = ok but tried Rxc4 to win a5 pawn
This is an exchange sacrifice with Knight going to e5.
Trying to create imbalances and active play 

Position after ..h5, the engine says the position is dead equal 0.0 despite black being an exchange down.
the strong knight on e5 + c-pawn guarantees equality. my opponent plays for the win though with white



    
Black to play

can you guess which move I played with Black to take a decisive advantage
answer is Ne3+!!, if white takes fxe3 I get c1=Q+ promoting my pawn. therefore on Ne3+ my opponent rightly played Kf3  but I get to capture the rook on c4 as this is also a fork.


                                                                Black to play

How would you continue here ?

answer in the final diagram of the game


my opponent resigned after I played ..Ra3! reaching the diagram above. I offered a full rook but if white does Rxa3, c1=Q gives me a queen. tactics based on pawn promotion !

No comments: